- FERROUS SULPHATE HEPTAHYDRATE
- FERROUS SULPHATE MONOHYDRATE
- CALCIUM CARBONATE
- SODIUM CARBONATE
- SODIUM METABISULFITE
- COPPER SULPHATE
- AMMONIUM NITRATE
- CALCIUM NITRATE
- SODIUM HYDROGEN CARBONATE
- SODIUM HYDROGEN SULPHIDE
- SODIUM HYDROGEN SULPHATE
- AMMONIUM DIHYDROGEN PHOSPHATE
- MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE
- CALCIUM CHLORIDE
- SODIUM CHLORIDE
PACKAGING | Solid: Available in bags of 25 kg. Solution: Available in IBCs 1000 L and in road- tankers of about 25 tons.
STORAGE | Sodium metabisulfite must be kept in a well ventilated, cool and dry place. The solution should be stored in plastic containers PVC, PE, PVDF, stainless steel 316.
REGULATIONS | According to Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (REACH), Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008 (CLP/GHS). Our company has all the necessary certificates for the use of sodium metabisulfite as an antioxidant in food and feed (E223).
Sodium metabisulphite is a white, crystalline powder, with a characteristic odor (as sulfur dioxide). Sodium metabisulfite is available in powder (98% Na2S2O5) and in liquid form as a solution (40% Na2S2O5). It finds application in a wide range of processes mainly as a disinfectant, antioxidant and preservative.
Sodium metabisulphite is used:
– For the dechlorination (pools), as a disinfectant of drinking water reverse osmosis membranes in desalination systems, and for the removal of chloramine in drinking water treatment. The reactions of sodium metabisulfite with the free residual chlorine and monochloramine are:
Na2S2O5 + Cl2 + 3H2O -> 2 NaHSO4 + 4HCl
Na2S2O5+ 2NH2Cl + 3 H20 -> Na2SO4 + H2SO4 + 2Cl- + 2 NH4+
-As a food additive in food industry with code E223. It is used either as a preservative or as a sterilizing agent in the production of wine and beer.
– For pharmaceutical – medical purposes, mainly as an antioxidant – preservative in injectable drugs (local anesthetics), as a reducing agent in some pharmaceutical formulations and as an ingredient in various tablets (paracetamol).
– In production of gold, cement, leather-fur, photography and in the paper and pulp industry.
– In wastewater treatment to reduce hexavalent chromium to trivalent.
Our company has all the necessary certificates for the use of sodium metabisulfite as an antioxidant in food and feed.
CHEMICAL TYPE | Na2S2O5
BRAND NAME | SODIUM METABISULFITE
TYPICAL PARAMETERS | 30% w/w, 40% w/w Na2S2O5 (solution), 98% w/w Na2S2O5 (powder)