- FERROUS SULPHATE HEPTAHYDRATE
- FERROUS SULPHATE MONOHYDRATE
- CALCIUM CARBONATE
- SODIUM CARBONATE
- SODIUM METABISULFITE
- COPPER SULPHATE
- AMMONIUM NITRATE
- CALCIUM NITRATE
- SODIUM HYDROGEN CARBONATE
- SODIUM HYDROGEN SULPHIDE
- SODIUM HYDROGEN SULPHATE
- AMMONIUM DIHYDROGEN PHOSPHATE
- MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE
- CALCIUM CHLORIDE
- SODIUM CHLORIDE
PACKAGING | Solid: Available in big bags of 1000 Kg and in bags of 25 kg. Solution: Available in IBCs 1000 L and in road- tankers of about 25 tons.
STORAGE | Must be kept in a well ventilated, cool and dry place.
REGULATIONS | According to Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (REACH), Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008 (CLP/GHS).
Calcium chloride is a compound with chemical formula CaCl2. It is a solid compound, sufficiently soluble in water and because of its hygroscopic nature, anhydrous calcium chloride must be kept airtight.
Calcium chloride is used:
– As Desiccant. Anhydrous calcium chloride has been approved by the FDA as a suitable material for securing drought. It is also used in dehumidifiers in residential and other areas to remove humidity.
– In pavement, due to its hygroscopic properties, keeping the dust particles on the road and providing a cushioning layer.
– In deicing of roads and ice formation prevention, reducing the freezing point of water. Calcium chloride is more effective at lower temperatures than sodium chloride.
– In Pools to increase water hardness.
– In Food industries, as a food additive with code E509. It is widely used as acidity regulator, as a stabilizer in fruit and vegetable preserves, as well as a source of calcium in food supplements.Its also added as an electrolyte in sport drinks and other beverages, including bottled water. Its Also used as an additive in brewing, in cheese and dairy.
– In several pharmaceutical-medical applications as an injectable solution (magnesium poisoning treatment, hypokalemia and hyperkalemia).
– In metallurgy, paper and printing industries, in oil drilling and the color-paint production.
CHEMICAL TYPE | CaCl2
BRAND NAME | Calcium Chloride
TYPICAL PARAMETERS |35%, 77% w/w