PACKAGING| Available in containers of 35lt, IBCs of 1000 lt or in road-tankers of about 20 tons.
STORAGE | With the effect of light the hyperoxide -Ο-Ο- bond is split and extremely acidic hydroxyls are produced (HO·). The Η2Ο2 is split automatically into water and oxygen. Must be stored tightly closed in plastic or stainless steel tanks.
REGULATIONS | According to Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (REACH), Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008 (CLP/GHS), REGULATION (EU) No 528/2012 and Standard EN 902.
Hydrogen peroxide is available in liquid form. It is colourless to slightly blue and odourless.
It splits attracting oxygen.It is considered a strong oxidising reagent, stronger than chloride (Cl2), chloride dioxide (ClO2) and permanganate anion (MnO4-). As an oxidising agent to Η2Ο2 it is regarded as the most environmentally friendly, since the oxidative action does not create toxic by-products, unlike other strong oxidizing agents (chlorine, nitric acid, ozone) and the excess is fully and completely destroyed by either heat or catalysis.
The Η2Ο2 > acts as a weak acid decomposing to hydrogen cation and hyperoxy anion (ΗΟΟ–) resulting in hydrogen aqueous solutions of 10 -30% having a slightly acidic pH (4,5-5).
The Hydrogen peroxide of hydrogen can be applied in the following cases :
– As a disinfectant and antiseptic.
– To accelerate the decomposition of ozone leading to the production of hydroxyl radicals in relatively high concentrations (process “hyperoxide”), according to the following reaction:
H2O2 +2O3 -> HO + HO + 3O2
– In wastewater treatment plants for removing odor of thiols and other sulfur compounds.
– In paper bleaching.
– In production of percarbonate and sodium perborate in detergents.
– In discoloration of products such as textiles, timber, etc
– In the manufacture of other chemical bonds such as dibenzylperoxide, peroxyacids, epoxy compounds and propylene oxide, which in turn are used for the synthesis of numerous chemical products.
– For control of fungal growth in fish and fish eggs (FDA).
– In gardening some people add Η2Ο2 to water used for watering , because the release of oxygen seems to enhance the roots of plants.
– In photolysis ensuring the creation of hydroxyl radicals HO-at relatively high concentrations thus they can affect dissolved organic components with great effiiency.
– In oxidative treatment of wastewater based on the phenomenon FENTON.
In this application, the bivalent iron is used in combination with hydrogen peroxide catalyzing the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide and the creation of free radicals which then oxidize and destroy these organic substances.
Fe2+ + H2O2 = Fe3+ + OH’ + OH–
It is highly recommended when the wastewater contains toxins and biodegradable substances such as dyes, chlorophenols, dioxins, moving substances, petroleum products, pesticides, etc.
CHEMICAL TYPE | H2O2
BRAND NAME | HYDROGEN PEROXIDE
TYPICAL PARAMETERS | 35%, 50% w/w (H2O2)