PACKAGING | In bags of 25 kg.
STORAGE | The material must not be allowed to lose its natural humidity and must not be stored near strong acids. The material can be stored for an unlimited time, as long as it is not in contact with humidity or carbon dioxide.
REGULATIONS | According to Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 (REACH), Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008 (CLP/GHS).
The use of lime in the form of calcium oxide, results in all stages of biological cleaning, both before the condensation of wastewater and in the sludge produced, impressive results. This is based on its chemical behavior and more specifically in that:
– It contributes to the precipitation of many pollutants (such as phosphate salts and heavy metals) which are washed in this way in the sludge.
– It acts as a very good flocculent contributing thus to the entrapment of suspended particles causing the solids to settle quickly thereby removing them becomes very easy.
– Provides the ability to adjust pH and neutralize the acidity of wastewater.
– Is a key factor in reducing odor and pathogens.
The addition of lime is required for alkaline stabilization of sludge. In sufficient quantities, it is used to raise the pH to 12 or higher. The high pH creates an environment that stops or slows significantly the microbial reactions that can lead to the production of odor and sensory disturbances. With the use of lime the mud is not decomposed, will not generate odors and will not pose a risk to public health. Also this process can inactivate viruses, bacteria and other harmful microorganisms.
The pretreatment of the sludge (before dehydration) with lime is used for the direct disposal of liquid sludge to soil or for its improvement and stabilization. The treamtent with lime has the following advantages :
– Dry lime is used.
– There are no specific requirements for dehydration.
– Eliminate the blockage and maintenance problems associated with the equipment used.
CHEMICAL TYPE | Ca(OH)2
BRAND NAME | HYDRATED LIME
TYPICAL PARAMETERS | > 90%